Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Genesis 1 - The Creation


Reading from the Amplified Bible (AMP) version..

  • "In the beginning God (Elohim) created [by forming from nothing] the heavens and the earth." v.1  
  • "Then God said, “Let Us (Father, Son, Holy Spirit) make man in Our image, according to Our likeness [not physical, but a spiritual personality and moral likeness]; and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle, and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.” v.26
  • "God saw everything that He had made, and behold, it was very good and He validated it completely." v.31 

My personal observations and reflections...

  • God is the CREATOR, of EVERYTHING. I am created by God. This tells me that God is of INFINITE power and wisdom, while I am limited. The CREATOR is greater, higher and bigger than His creations. Even if I spend my whole life trying to see, understand the expanse, the vastness of God’s glorious creation (which is impossible), I will not be able to fully know or fathom it.
  • God FORMED the heavens and the earth FROM NOTHING.😮 This tells me how POWERFUL and MIGHTY God is.
  • How could the writer possibly knew all these wonderful things? I think that he has been filled with the Spirit of God and was instructed to write this way. Beautifully poetic, highlighting only the POWER of the voice of command of God to create EVERYTHING-- not offering any (man-made/world-made) scientific explanations or theories. Just God. In the beginning. The reason why He is called the ALPHA and the OMEGA.
  • Of all the creation (in Genesis 1), only the man was formed after God’s own IMAGE/LIKENESS and was given “complete AUTHORITY over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the cattle, and over the entire earth, and over everything that creeps and crawls on the earth.” This tells me how God values man (fearfully and wonderfully made), and how He gave man permission to share with Him His creation through experience and STEWARDSHIP (supervising or taking care) of it.
  • God thought of everything, and provided for everything-- to make Earth conducive or livable for a human being.
  • God is the CREATOR of all things GOOD. Bad/disastrous/tragic/corrupted things comes from the enemy, or the consequence of SIN (more on this in the next Chapters).
  • Reading Genesis 1 again makes me come up with this: What I don’t (and can’t) fully understand with my mind, I have believed and accepted with my heart (where God speaks❤️)
.
.

📷Photo by Mark Furches
http://markridesthedivide.blogspot.com/2016
"Mark Rides the Divide - Continental Divide-Southern Tier Bicycle Travelogue 2016"

Read the Bible here:
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=AMP
Photo Editor used to add texts:
https://www.befunky.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment